Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010 (Saturday)

Woke up after "sleeping in" as much as you can with a two month old (which is not much at all...but still) and actually got a shower! It was one of the best Valentine's day presents that Matt could have given me. But the day did not end there.

I got downstairs to find:
The red plate waiting for me (I got it because Matt said I was his Valentine so I was special)
A very cute Valentine's Day card on top of the red plate
A Gerber Daisy (yellow) sitting in front of my breakfast spot :)
And finally a plate full of homemade waffles
What a way to start of a wonderful day!
After a wonderful and filling breakfast we gathered all of the recipes that we have finally decided on, and made a shopping list. After checking our shopping list to the items we already had in the kitchen (and crossing off half of the very long ingredients list) we headed out for a big grocery shopping trip.

Matt dropped Grace and I off at the house as he went to yet another store to get the last ingredient that was not located at the grocery store that we shopped at. We in the meantime started the cake for dinner.
About a half an hour later, Matt comes back home and we start cooking.
We had:
BEEF BORDELAISE

WILD MUSHROOM BARLEY RISOTTO

GREEK SALAD
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN
(thanks Stephanie for that recipe)
SWARTZWALDER KIRSHTORTE
(Black Forest Cherry Cake)

Mix all of that wonderful food with wonderful company (Matt and Grace) and add a touch of Bones (a new favorite TV show for us) and you get a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration.

Much food,
Much dancing,
Much laughing,
Much love!
Happy Valentine's Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How romantic!!! I am so glad you shared this event on the blog. I think maybe I would like to try the Wild Mushroom Barley. Could you post the recipe? Mawaw Betty

Amy said...

YUM!!! Looks like you had a wonderful evening. You didn't mention the dancing in your days events. Was that while you cooked?? Was Grace in on the dancing or just you and Matt?

Unknown said...

You're welcome for the recipe ... and for the green sweater I recognize in your photo!