Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Good Kick In The Behind

Last night when Matt came home we frantically got dinner ready and eaten so that he could run off to handbell practice at church. About 15 minutes later I heard the garage door open and the fit return to it's parking spot. He walks in and said that there was no handbells practice that night (we had gotten the information, but it had slipped by both of us that night).

So with it being about 6:30, no real plans for the evening, a dirty house, and a new vacuum....Matt gave me the kick in the behind that I needed. In my previous blog I mentioned that I wanted to give this house a good cleaning, Grace has successfully kept me from completing that. So Matt began what he loves to call "scorched earth" cleaning.

EVERYTHING, and I mean everything (except for the entertainment system) in our living room was moved either away from the walls or completely out of the room so that we could vacuum, do edging, and yes...I even dusted! We did the same for the dining room. And to top it all off, we managed to clean up some dark spots in the carpet.

During this time of moving everything, we threw away enough trash to fill up a 13 gallon trash bag. We also placed many items in our "to go to yard sale" box. Not all items are back where they belong in the two rooms, but I must say that the living room and the dining room look amazing! I just have to wonder how long they will stay like this.

And we learned one lesson that we already knew but it was taught to us again:
EVERYTHING TAKES LONGER WITH A BABY

3 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't that an amazing feeling?? To know that your rooms are clean, AND you got rid of stuff! I loved that when we tore the bedrooms apart!

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures?? I want to see the finished product of all your hard work!!!
Carol

suedaniels said...

Congratulations and well done! Can we come over and eat off your floor?

"Scorched earth" - that's a good one.