Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Purchase

I am so excited....I have a new vacuum!

This might sound like a strange comment (especially coming from me, since vacuuming is not one of my favorite chores to do) however, I have been singing that statement for the past few days...since we bought it on Thursday.

Matt brought his old vacuum to the marriage. It was a wonderful vacuum and put in a great tour of duty for 12 years. It was a hard worker and we had no disciplinary issues with it, until it picked up a smoking habit. We do not like smoking in our house....especially from the appliances.

Four weeks ago my sister, Carol, tried to vacuum our upstairs carpets and we thought nothing of it, till all of the upstairs smoke detectors went off. The culprit? Yes, you got it...The Vacuum that took to smoking. Matt and I decided that our idea of buying a new vacuum eventually would have to be bumped up to buying a new vacuum soon.

So with the snow storm coming I decided that this might be a good time to buy it and not be cooped up in a house with very dirty carpets for a week or so. So....we bought a new vacuum, well not just a vacuum, we bought a...

DYSON!

I have been wanting this kind of vacuum for the past couple of years but I thought it was far out of reach. Matt told me of his desire to also own a Dyson, so we started to price them. We found some a Target that we wanted and began to save up for it.

Fast forward about two or three months and here we are with a beautiful yellow and gray machine sitting in my living room just waiting for the next huge project that I have for it. And that it will get, I am planning on moving all of the furniture and giving this house a GOOD cleaning finally :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now you will have to have the radio playing to have music after you vacuum. I think I would rather listen to the radio than the smoke detector type of music.

Unknown said...

I borrowed a friend's Dyson recently....oh I love that thing. It's kind of gross to realize how dirty your house really is after you use one of those. I think it picked dirt that was 10 years old!