Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dear Grace

Since Grace was born I wanted to keep track of what is going on in her life (and ours). But I did not know how or if I would keep up with a scrapbook or a journal as I should. So in thinking about this I found a beautiful little journal that some of my friends gave me right before I went to Ukraine so that I could write about my experiences there. Obviously I did not use it.....so.....

I decided to write Grace a one page letter each Monday. The pages are small the book is probably about 5x7 or maybe a little larger, but it is a small book. The letter ranges from accomplishments that she made that week, the weather (ex: it snowed....again!), to things that happen in the family (ex: your dad went to your Great Grandmother's funeral). It is nothing really big, and it is not really time consuming since I only do it once a week and I do not expect to write a lot.

In between writings, if she does something that I would like to remember for her letter and I am a few days from Monday. I take a post-it note and write it on there and stick it in, because otherwise I know that I will forget what I wanted to write or when something happened.

I do not know how long I will keep this up but it has been working great so far, and I hope that she enjoys reading this when she is older.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I found that blogging is a great alternative to that. I started with journaling (by hand), but as I got busier, that seemed to be less importanat. But, with blogging you can sit at the computer for a few minutes and have it down. Oh, wait....you have a blog. Maybe you should do it on your blog so readers (like me) can see her accomplishments :)