Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Milestones

Two pretty big milestones happened for us today.

Let me start with the lesser of the two:
I went running today, and for the first time since about 4 months into my pregnancy I ran a whole mile without walking. Granted I had to stop a few times and replace the pacifier that had been spit out, but I just stopped...I did not walk! That made me feel so good. It also makes me think that I might be on the right track to getting into a few more of my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Now the big milestone:
Grace rolled over today!
Ok, here is the story. We were up in the nursery. I was putting some of her clothes away so I got out the activity mat and put it on the floor, and placed her on top of it (on her tummy). She liked it for about 2 minutes then she started to fuss. I finished with the clothes and went to pick her up to calm her down but as I was just a few inches away from her she must have gotten really mad because she pushed, and she pushed hard enough that she went from her tummy to her back. It shocked her for a bit, then she went back to crying. I was very happy and clapping for her...but she did not care. I rolled her back to her tummy and she did it again just like the first time. We tried for a third, but she would not have it.

So I think that it was more by accident than anything, but she did roll from tummy to back....TWICE! I am so very happy. I do not know when it will happen again, but I will be happy about this till then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really amazing that Grace rolled over or is she on schedule. She is petite but seems very strong!
I still think about last weekend how she can convey what she wants. For instance, knawing on her pacifier and grunting in an angry tone when she really wants to be nursing instead.
She is some little lady! Love Mamaw

Amy said...

I know this past weekend, I mentioned how much fun she will be when she can "play" and sit and interact a little more. But, I did not mean that she had to do it all this week!

Anonymous said...

Looking at my blog I misspelled a work and it should be gnawing instead of knawing. I asked someone if that was correct and she thought it was. Maybe I'll study my spelling words when I retire. Mamaw Betty

suedaniels said...

That's amazing! Doing tricks already! But yes, you do have to be careful how you react. When Chris was a baby, Matt used to babysit with him. Steve and I came home one night and Matt reported that Chris had taken his first steps. Matt had clapped and cheered him on, which apparently freaked Chris out, and he didn't try it again for 2 weeks!

Tell Grace: Good job - but not too boisterously!

love,
Grandma Sue