Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Starting Over...Again

About two months ago we got Grace used to her toddler bed.  Involved was many nights of sleeping in the bed with her, sitting by the bed while she fell asleep and comforting her when she woke up.  It was a trying time but worth it in the end.

This past weekend we were in Harrisonburg visiting family.  My parents had a crib that Grace had slept in since she was about 6 months old.  We had been having no trouble of her sleeping in the crib in the past, even when she was sleeping in the toddler bed at our house.  Well, this time we put her in the crib and she screamed and screamed and would not sleep.  Matt, mom, and I all took turns with her during the night because she would NOT got into the crib.  Though I was not sure that was the only reason that she was throwing such a fit, we decided to take down the crib and see if it would help.

She did not like having the mattress on the floor during her nap, but that night she slept well.  Yes, I did have to lay down with her.  Then she napped the next day (once again with me next to her till she fell asleep).  And she slept well the following night (I slept some of the night on the floor next to her).

I feel like I am training her again on how to sleep in a toddler bed.  But I think we are making slow progress.  And if she can get used to it, it will make our trips up north just a bit nicer for all involved.

2 comments:

Amy said...

She had to give up her crib anyhow. It will be occupied by someone else soon.

Sue Daniels said...

Shhhh! Don't let Grace hear that!! We're trying to be cagey, remember?