Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall In Roanoke

I must say that Matt and I might just live in one of the most beautiful places during the fall.  We have a mountain in our backyard, and a mountain ridge out the front.  So when the leaves change we are surrounded by gorgeous color.  
However, this year I think that the most beautiful sight that we have is the maple in our front yard!
When the light hits it just right it looks like a flaming, red fire.  It is just spectacular!
 It is still one of Grace's favorite places to play.
"I just want to swing!"
 "Almost"
 "Swing, swing, swing :)"
 "And guess what else?  I am now tall enough to pick the leaves off of the low branches!  I pick them off, throw them in the air, and watch them fall.  The fun never ends."
I love fall, but I am glad that it is soon going to be winter.  For winter means closer to the time of Glen's arrival...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall in the Blue Ridge was always a wonderful experience, and you are in the middle of it. Our fall is almost over, the trees are bare, and the temperatures are getting lots colder.

No flaming red trees here.

Steve

Sue Daniels said...

Maple trees are the perfect front-yard tree. They are sturdy, non-brittle, they don't drop messy fruit or prickly pods, they don't have to be pruned or covered; they just deliver wonderful shade in summer and magnificent color in the fall. And yours is definitely magnificent. Fall is my favorite season too! I'm glad to see Grace is getting outside to enjoy it.