Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fun At Mamaw and Papaw's Part 2

"Mom, Grace has some markers and is in the living room with them"
"That is OK"

"Mom, Grace has a pen and is marking up things in the house"
"That is OK"

"Mom, Grace is decorating your yard stick with a pen"
"That is OK.  And she is doing so well drawing on it.  I will sign her name and age to it so that I will know when she did it."
Let me tell you, if I were to do that when I was young...it would not have been the same reaction.

But I must say, she did do a very good job staying on the narrow stick and decorating the whole thing.

2 comments:

Sue Daniels said...

I suppose parents begin the mellowing process with the first grandchild, and just get mellower the more grandchildren we have.

Anonymous said...

Lana, I must say that mellowing goes not only for grandparents, but I think the more children you have as well. I seem to remember you getting away with some crazy things that Carol and I never could have. Hmmm...vaseline on the banister comes to mind

~Amy