Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Second Try Is A Charm?

I had a OBGYN appointment today and all was going well in the morning.  We were all fed, dressed, happy and ready to go on time.  Then I got to the car and all I got was a click, click, click.

I called Matt frantically telling him that the car would not start.  I put the phone on speaker and let him listen to the click, click, click.  He told me that it sounded like the battery :(  I was starting to be late for the appointment at this moment and I was not happy that my car would not start, and life was just not looking good for me.  He offered to drive home and pick me up or at least take care of me, and I jumped at the offer.

I then went to my neighbor's house and he came over to see what was wrong with the car.  He agreed that it was the battery.  He drove his car over and tried to jump it three times.  It still did not work, but I was glad that he tried to help me.

I called the doctor's office and told them that I would not make my appointment and had it rescheduled for almost three hours later.

Matt (my knight in a silver armored car) drove up and he DID get my car jumped.  He took the car to an auto shop and got the battery changed.  The man at the battery shop even told Matt that there was still enough charge in the battery that we should run it a bit longer.  Matt did not bat an eyelash, he said that he wanted a new battery to make his pregnant, emotional wife happy :)

We did get to the appointment on the second try.  All is well with my blood sugars.  All is well with Glen.

Life is good and I should be able to start my car in the future!

No comments: