Friday, October 30, 2009

Good Memory

So I have learned today that Matt has a much better memory than I do (at least now during the pregnancy).

He called me tonight to let me know that he was on his way home from work. And during this phone call he asked me if I had started dinner. I was being a bit lazy today, so I had not even begun dinner, I said "no." He responded by asking me if I wanted to go out on a date.

Well, of course I want to go on a date!

I was excited, and went up to change and get ready for the date. But I could not figure out for the life of me why all of the sudden he wanted to go on a date. He had mentioned that it was a special day...I wonder what happened at work that made it so special? I will have to ask him when he comes home.

He arrived at home with a doughnut for me (that was just because it was left over from the day at work) and the question of where I want to celebrate this special day. So I took advantage of this opening to have him tell me of the day. His day was nice and good, but not special at all. So why in the world did he want to take me on a date...WHAT WAS SO SPECIAL?

I was doing my hair while talking to Matt, right before we left and it dawned on me...it is October 30th...

Two years to the day that we first met.

What can I say, my memory is not what it used to be. I am glad that Matt is remembering these special occasions when I do not. So we went out to Smoky Bones Grill and had a wonderful dinner, conversation and just in general time together.

A very large milestone now has been met for both of us...we have now been together longer than any of our other relationships in the past have lasted. And whats more, we are happily together and have a bright future ahead.

Little did either of us realize two years ago that we would be married and have a little girl on the way. I am so glad that I have had two years of knowing and loving you, I look forward to many, many more.

2 comments:

GloryToad said...

Who says we do stuff fast? It took us two years to get to this point. That's a long time, you know...

-Matt

suedaniels said...

Everybody says you do things fast! Because you do! On the other hand, it took you 30 years to find each other. Congratulations on your happy two years. You were definitely MFEO.

love,
sue