Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Thoughts

Just some things I wanted to write down since I had not done a real post in quite awhile:

1. The only thing that I can find that is good about school starting at 7:30am is (beside getting out of school at 2:30) the wonderful sunrises that I get to gaze out at while driving around town to get to work. The sky was truly lovely on Thursday, I hope for more mornings like that.

2. Last Tuesday I realized that I have a little kick boxer in me. For not only can I now feel the kicks, and not only can Matt feel the kicks, but now Matt can watch my belly and SEE the kicks. He was watching me one evening and just pointed at me and said, "Yep, there was one....and there is another one" and it went on from there.

3. Thursday we went to childbirth classes (this one was our fourth one). It is kind of humorous that at each class as soon as we being to watch the video for the day, my little girl starts kicking like crazy. Almost as if to say "Mommy, I can do that. Watch me, I can do that too." Yes, I know that you can be born....just not yet!

4. Just had a guest at our house (well 4 guests). The Wampole family came down to help Matt and I with some tasks that were beginning to loom over head. For instance Amy helped me wash all of the baby clothes in Dreft, set up the dresser and the closet. We put together the swing and bassinet (and covered them so that they will not get too dirty in the mean time). Mike helped Matt with his workbench and also entertaining the two boys.

5. In addition to laundry Amy and I were cooking machines. On Saturday we made about 15 meals for freezing. This is so that when I am not wanting to cook late in my pregnancy or when the baby comes and I do not want to cook, I can just walk to the freezer and all will be done. We made: Meatloaf, Ham and Potato Casserole, Stuffed Shells, Chili, Chicken Tetrazzini, and Chicken and Corn Enchiladas. It was hard to let all of this food go straight to the freezer and not try it or eat it as a meal, but I know that it will be wonderful to have it later on.

6. And to end on a very happy note... At my last doctor's visit I had the great pleasure of drinking the orange liquid that tests for gestational diabetes. And to my dismay I did not pass the test. My numbers should have been 135 or lower and mine was 140. So I was ordered to go to the local clinic and get fasting blood work done. So after fasting, then having my blood drawn every hour for three hours, and waiting three days for results...I found out that my numbers are actually fine. It must have been the instant oatmeal that I ate for breakfast before the first test. I really did come to terms with the results if they had not been fine, my theory is that gestational diabetes (though not desired) is a small complication compared to some other things that can happen during pregnancy. But I am at the same time very relieved that all is well and that Grace and I are fine.

7. Oh yeah, one last thing...in case you did not know, we decided to name our little girl Grace. And I have realized that I need to remind myself that I am full of Grace, because I am certainly not GraceFULL at this time. Ha Ha!

So here I am delaying going through boxes and continuing what Amy and I began this weekend with cleaning and organizing. This blog is long enough...maybe I should get back to work.

2 comments:

suedaniels said...

Thanks for the update. It feels very good that you are getting the nest ready, not only for Grace, but for yourself too. Good, good thinking.

You look fabulous, too! Of course, I'm prejudiced.

love,
sue

Amy said...

We had a great weekend. So glad we could come, and I could help get ready for that dear little girl.

No Sue, Lana really does look fabulous! It's not just because she is your daughter in law, but wait, maybe I'm prejudiced too!