Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dreams Trying To Tell Me Something?

Last night I had a very strange dream. I had a dream that I was asked to preach one Sunday at Weavers Mennonite Church (the church that I grew up in). The topic was about having a very busy life and how we should let God be in charge of our life and let Him determine what should/could be done and also when/how things should be done. But the funny part of the dream is that in the dream it was Sunday morning and I was sitting in the back of the church while the opening hymn was sung....WRITING MY SERMON because I was too busy that week to write it!

I awoke thinking, was God trying to tell me something about my life? I know I am busy but I did not think that I was that busy! Here are just a few things that are going on in my life:

1. I have become a fill in Kindergarten assistant at a local elementary school from now to Nov. 20. So I will be working daily.

2. Trying to do all of the projects that I would like to do for the nursery (quilt, shades, etc)

3. Trying to do things for others (making a gift for my niece, making food for those in need, etc)

4. Attempting to keep the house together (cleaning, washing clothes, etc)

5. Making food, and extra food for when the baby does come.

6. Attempting to have some of a social life (hosting visitors, hosting parties, going to BBQs)

Just a few things off of the top of my head...do you think that my dream was trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

suedaniels said...

Sounds like it. The part where you were sitting in church writing a sermon about being too busy because you were too busy to write it beforehand says it all.

However, it may just be your brain working out the details. You've been very busy lately and sleep is the only time your mind can think through some things in peace. You are making room in your life for a new person, and it takes some mental work as well as arts and crafts.

A few weeks before Chris was born, I dreamed I went into labor during a church service. Rather than take me to the hospital, they put a board up between the pew rows and laid me on it, and I delivered a girl! So it wasn't really prophetic. My mind was just turning over possibilities.

love,
sue