Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kisers To The Rescue!

I love my family.

This is actually the second time that this has happened...I make a comment that a huge project is in the future for Matt and I. My family replys "oh, you need help? We will be down!" Suddenly the house is full of nine extra willing workers to get the project done.

Last time it involved building our shed (click here for the post).

This time mom, dad, Amy (sister), Mike (brother-in-law), Carol (sister), and Matt...with maybe some "help" from my four nephews did the following this past weekend:

1. They purchased, and transported my new chest freezer!

2. They painted the nursery (this is the reason that I am not in the list of helpers...due to the pregnancy my family did not want me near by due to fumes, so I was in Farmville for one of my classes while everyone was working on Saturday)

3. Some of them got on the roof to fix two shingles that broke off during a wind storm.

4. Also, dishes got done, floors got swept, things got put away...all while I was able to rest.

5. Oh, and much furniture got moved.

All had a good time (I think), all went to bed extremely tired (I know!), and Matt and I are very grateful for all of the help. What got done in one weekend would have taken us weeks to do.

I am guessing that you might want to see pictures of the room...
These are the pictures that I got over email while I was in class 2 hours away

The trim is not painted in these pictures. I may try to have Matt write a post about actually painting this room (I hear that it was quite the tale) with some of the finished pictures that he took.

Thanks to all who came, we would not have been able to do it without you.

7 comments:

Amy said...

We love you too!!! I have a feeling that those pictures were taken BEFORE Dad worked his magic! That green paint was a bear to work with! But, it turned out beautiful. We are always willing to come help. That is what family is for!

Betty said...

Yes we had a good time and sure wished Lana could have been there for Sat. but she came home and seemed ok with all the changes in moving of furniture.
I thought I would pull weeds but helped paint some and then cooked supper in the afternoon.
We had time for a evening walk through the neighborhood.
Sunday we went to church with them and now are able to associate a mental picture of the church they attend, when they mention it.
Yes, Sat. I went to bed tired and thanked the Lord for His care over us, especially keeping Glen and Matt safe while replacing the broken shingles, and for the fun we had together as a family,
We even got to play a few hands of Canasta, Great weekend. Mom

Jenn Heatwole said...

I'm not going to say anything about a certain brand of farm equipment...I will say it looks lovely and I'm thinking of green grass and sunshine :)

suedaniels said...

Oh, Deere, Jenn, you're right!!!

But Baby Daniels will absolutely love it. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished room.

Good job, guys, and, if I haven't said it before, Great Family.

Kisers Rock!

love,
sue

Amy said...

Jenn, I think once we have the sunflowers and bumble bees up, it won't look so much like farm equipment. You did grow up country didn't you ??? :)

Lana said...

I honestly was not thinking of farm equipment when Matt and I picked out the colors. I believe that was the last thing on our mind. Just to let you know.

Davene said...

Great job with the pregnancy ticker! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of the nursery!