Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Appointment #2

So many blogs that I want and need to do. So I will try to write at least one over the next couple of days...we shall see how that goes. But school is now out of session so I no longer have to work during the days (at least outside of the house) so I might get a few more blogs written.

Today I had my second OBGYN meeting with my doctor. I am now 11 weeks along and things are well. The baby's heart rate is bounding along at 168 bpm. My weight went down a little but neither my nurse or my doctor seemed to be worried about it. They claimed that once a person finds out that they are pregnant they eat healthier (I guess that is true for me), they also asked if I have had morning sickness (I have had morning ickyness, but not sickness...so that does not explain the weight loss), and also the extreme amount of calories that the baby is burning up as it is growing. I eat when I am hungry, and I try to eat good things, so I will keep that up.

I did get to see the baby again on a sonogram :) I did not expect to see another sonogram until I was about 20 weeks along and have the detailed sonogram that tells the gender of the baby. But the doctor explained to me that they have a tool to listen to the baby's heartbeat, but it works best after 12 weeks along. So instead, they used an old sonogram machine that they keep on hand mainly to check the heart beat. The doctor was showing me the head, and the hand that the baby had raised. He mentioned that the baby was waving at me and I started to laugh. As I laughed I watched the baby's legs kick, and the arms move. The doctor told me that I woke him/her up. Then we proceeded to watch the baby stretch out and try to turn a little. It was amazing to see since our first sonogram did not show much movement (if any at all) and it was so much more detailed this time.

This is such a miracle. It is hard to believe all that is happening inside of me!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, how I wish that I could have seen a picture of the baby!! I'm sure s/he has changed so much. And will change dramatically again by August! That appt will be fun!

Glad things are going well!