Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Frustration

My main frustration right now is that I get so tired so quickly.

I start a project (such as cleaning or mowing) and about 5 to 10 minutes into it I feel as if I need to sit down and can not do more for quite awhile.

I feel bad enough about that because I feel as if nothing gets fully done around the house. But what is even worse is when I try to help Matt do a project (like washing and waxing the cars) and I work for about 5 to 10 minutes then I leave him to do all of the work on his own as I am sitting. I feel horrible leaving him to do it all.

I try. I honestly do. I just get so tired and can not do as much as I did before....

I guess I should get used to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't run the mile, then walk the block. Don't give in. You used to have a full tank of energy--now you have the full tank, but you are fueling two. So the mileage may drop, and you have to fill the tank more often, BIG deal.

And if things don't get done, because the baby requires more of your time--you might as well start practicing now. Now or later, you
have to deal with them first, last and always.

Sage advise from the one who will hand them back to you (when they need changing!!!!!) Grandparent rule number 1.

suedaniels said...

Steve is right! Do what you can and then take a rest. The baby is using a lot of your energy right now to grow at an incredible rate. The good news is that you are about to pass through that phase and get more energy for yourself. Just have a little patience. This too shall pass. In the meantime, it's a good chance to catch up on your reading.

love, sue

Amy said...

Lana,
Sue and Steve are very wise. I have told you before that I still don't get things done! You just have to have priorities-mowing the lawn or your child?? Take some time to rest-you deserve it!!
Steve-when the baby needs changing pass him/her over--I'll do it!! :)

Davene said...

I can totally relate!

But you "should" get an energy surge as you move further into the second trimester. Maybe.

:)

suedaniels said...

One thing, though. Be sure you mention all this to your doctor.