Thursday, October 30, 2008

Who Would Have Thought

At this moment (yes, around 5:30 pm) one year ago I remember sitting on a sidewalk reading a book called Whales On Stilts (a crazy book, but fun....I needed to read it for my library). I was in a city I did not know very well (Lexington) and I was waiting for a guy I did not know very well either (some random guy named Matt).

I had met him online, we had talked on the phone, but a first date is something completely different. So here I am trying to read for work, not remembering much because I am anxiously waiting for this guy to arrive and see what might happen.

Just as I was starting to be able to calm my nerves a bit and get into my reading my cell phone began to ring. It was Matt! I did not see him because he was across the road by the door of the restaurant. And he did not see me because I was on the sidewalk and his view of me was being blocked by my car. The book was quickly closed, thrown into the car, and the date began....

(to read of the first date, please see my first blog)

Who would have thought that on our one year anniversary of meeting we would also be celebrating almost 4 months of married life? It is amazing how wonderfully and quickly life works!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great beginning to a wonderful story!

suedaniels said...

I sure am glad you crossed that street!

How your lives - both of your lives - have changed! And in such a short time. A year ago, who knew you'd be hanging window treatments in Roanoke?

Bravo, you two!

love,
sue