Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mowing


As I was mowing today, in the corner of my eye I saw something fairly large moving in the grass. However, when I actually looked I did not see anything because it all looked green and ready to be cut. But, I knew that I had seen something. So I kept looking and to my surprise I finally saw this beautiful Preying Mantis. I think that I scared it half to death, but I gave it a large area around it that I would not mow in. So now I have a spot of the back yard that is not mowed. I will try to get to it tomorrow, maybe it will have moved by then.

2 comments:

suedaniels said...

I wouldn't count on it. They tend to stay in one place for days. And now it knows it has you intimidated. Did we ever tell you Chris's preying mantis story? Remind me when we see you next month. It has to be told - print medium can't do it justice.

Amy said...

You are very kind to actually stop and look!! I probably would have figured, "oh, it was the wind or something..." And just kept on mowing!