Monday, January 9, 2012

First Week

It is hard to believe that one week (actually over a week) has passed already since Glen has come into our lives.  But what a week it has been!

We came home from the hospital and my mom and dad arrived that evening (Sunday).  They stayed till Tuesday afternoon.  Matt's mom and dad arrived on Monday night and stayed till Saturday.  Grace was beside herself the whole time.  Having grandparents here to play with, and what a treat...to have all FOUR grandparents here at one time!
 One of the goals that Steve and Sue made sure to do was to love on and play with Grace mainly.  They wanted to see and hold Glen of course, but their goal was to play with Grace and make her feel special during this crazy time.  Between playing piano, playdoh, cooking, trucks, etc.  She felt very special and loved.  (With all of the activity I am not quite sure she realized that there was even a new baby in the house.)
 But of course, we can not forget about Glen.  He was loved and hugged on, and if he was awake for it...I am sure that he felt special too.  Above is the first of many Glen/Glen pictures.  That is a picture of my father holding my son.  I just think that is a great picture.
 My mom and dad with their youngest grandchildren (Grace and Glen).
 I even caught a few snuggles with Glen too.  That is, when I was not napping or when he was not in the arms of loving relatives :)
 Glen and Grandpa Steve.  Glen got really good at reading Clive Custer books with Grandpa!
 Yes Grace, you are beautiful and such a big helper for mommy (at least most of the time :)
 Matt's mom and dad, also with their youngest grandchildren (Grace and Glen)
 Sue getting some great cuddles from Glen.
 Doing what he does best.  Sleeping!
 During this week, Grace discovered that she can peddle her trike around the house.  The funny thing is that her legs are so, and the peddles are so that she can either peddle or turn but she can not do both at the same time.  But she is loving the freedom that this provides.
 Close up of a beautiful sleeping baby.
 We went to Firehouse Subs for lunch one day.  This picture was too cute to not add.
Which brings us to today.  My first day with my little girl and my little boy while Matt is at work.  So far it has gone well, and I am counting my blessings.  However, I realize that I am going to be taking life moment by moment for struggles and challenges will come...but they will also go.  I am glad that it is so far so good right now though.

Thank you to all of the friends and family, far and near, who have helped though actions, words, and prayers during this time.  Your support has meant more to us that you could ever imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had a good time too. Grace and I enjoyed our time playing trucks. Before too long Glen will be able to play trucks with Grace.
Looks like Glen is waking up a bit more.
Two beautiful children!!! Hope to see them soon. Love Mamaw

Amy said...

His looks have changed so much since I saw him in the hospital! I LOVE the Glen/Glen pictures--what a treasure! So glad Grace got more than enough attention while you all adjust to Glen being there.

Oh, Lana--You look GREAT!