Saturday, January 14, 2012

Second Week

Matt went to work this week, so I had the two kids all by myself.  We had our moments, but for the most part things went better than I expected.

Grace loves to touch, hug, lay beside, and talk to the baby.  We read a lot of books, do a lot of puzzles, and play with blocks while I am nursing.  Grace does not seem to mind.

Today Grace decided that she wanted to read to the baby!
 One of our neighbors gave Glen an outfit, but they also decided that Grace needed a big sister gift.  So they got two rubber duckies, one for Glen and one for Grace.  Glen's is a pirate ducky.  Grace has a rubber ducky that is dressed up like a cat.  She loves her rubber ducky and plays with it often.
 Another thing that she plays with often (that allows me to care for Glen on my own) is her new train table.  While Grandma Sue was here, she and Matt took Grace to the mall.  They did not make it out of the bookstore since Grace discovered the train table there and needed to play with it for quite awhile.  So it was decided that she needed her own at the house.  Thank you Grandma Sue, Grace loves it and plays with it each morning.
This picture is a week old, but I thought I would share it.  He looks so serious...

Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. Glen looks like he enjoying Grace reading to him. The train track is such a nice toy. Thanks for putting these pictures on. Move Mamaw

Amy said...

Thanks for doing this post! Great pictures! I think we have train track parts that will be passed to you at some point. You could have quite the track going at that point!

Sue Daniels said...

I'm so glad Grace still plays with the train. She's quite welcome! It's good news that she and Glen are getting along, and that you are getting along, Lana. Great pictures! Keep em coming!

Love,
Grandma Sue