Saturday, December 31, 2011

Glen Matthew

On Tuesday, December 27th I got the information that if nothing had happened by December 30th (and there was room for me) I could be induced and have my baby that day (or soon after).

December 29th Mike, Amy, Austin, and Adam came to Roanoke to take care of Grace just in case we were able to be admitted.  Matt, Amy and I did not get much sleep at all since we had to be awake at 4am to call the hospital.  We woke early and called the hospital and they told us that the floor was full and they would call us if there was room, otherwise we needed to call my doctor and see when the next date would be.

They called at about 7:30 and asked me "Mrs. Daniels, would you like to have a baby today?"  I said "Yes!"  They told me to come in right away, and we were on the road within 5 minutes :)

The doctor broke my water, and at about 11:00am they started my Pitocin.  By 4:14 we had a baby!

 Hello Glen Matthew
We have waited for you for a long time 
 You have the sweetest little legs
 And the smallest little feet
 Though your sister seems to be more interested in her soda...
 She really does love you!
 She likes to touch your head and feet
 A happy family of four
Sweet kisses.  A great way to end a long post.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet post! You have a beautiful family!! I know Grace was glad to back with mommy and daddy. We just could not replace you! It was an amazing day--so glad it went smoother than last time.

Sue Daniels said...

Definitely sweet! Matt, you've got your beautiful family, just like you always wanted.

Some days, you've just got to give thanks. This would be one of them.

Love you all,

Grandma Sue

Davene Grace said...

I'm so happy for you! For all of you!!

It sounds like Glen's birthday went so smoothly and quickly; what a gift.

You're ready to start 2012 as a family of four; how exciting!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Sue, I agree! What a sweet family. I am so anxious to see Glen in person and also you all this week.
Just so happy all went as planned for Glen to be born on the 30th and every thing went well. The Lord had blessed us all with this new addition. Love Mamaw