Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentine's Dinner

I know that I am a bit behind on my holidays...for goodness sake I have not even blogged about Christmas!  But here is Valentines at least.

Matt and I made a menu of Boeuf en Croute, festive salad, corn (mainly for Grace), and Tiramisu.  As usual we had cheese, grapes, sausage, and strawberries to eat with crackers as the day progressed till dinner (we usually do not get a lunch due to all of the cooking).

After looking at the menu we realized that we had two challenging items (the Boeuf and the Tiramisu) and two simple items (the corn and the salad) which ended up being the best for us.  We still got the challenge of cooking something new.  We still needed to work together to make the dinner.  But we only had to focus on two items so we could spend more time playing and dancing around with Grace, who was always trying to help!

Well, Grace seemed to have a great time that day (the header picture is from Valentine's dinner). The dinner was wonderful (we have made the salad many times since).  The roses that I got from Matt and Grace made a nice centerpiece to the table.  It was just a very special day for all three of us. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day also.

1 comment:

Sue Daniels said...

Wonderful Dinner, good times in the kitchen! I love that Grace was trying to help, and your header picture is very special. Just look at those lashes. Our Valentine's Day was nice, though not as elaborate as Boeuf and Tiramasu. Steve picked me up at work and took me to lunch at Soho, a nice restaurant in downtown Cedar Falls. And chocolate! Always welcome. You've definitely got yourselves a tradition. Next year maybe she can help!