Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 14

March 14th is a memorable day.  It is my nephew's birthday (happy birthday Shannon).  It is 12 days after my sister's birthday (happy birthday Amy).  It is one day before the Ides of March (Sorry Julius Ceasar).  It is pi day.  And I could go on and on and on, but none of those reasons are the reason that I will remember this day.

This is the first day that Grace got sick...and I mean really sick.

Yes Grace has had colds.  Yes Grace has not felt well after shots.  And yes Grace has spit up or "thrown up" before (but those were tiny streams that I could just easily wipe away without thinking twice about it).

Yesterday Grace was not feeling well so we spent most of the day cuddling and watching VeggieTales.  Last night about five minutes before Matt got home Grace got sick.  I am talking about...grab a bucket, oh I wish there were a towel under us, undress Grace in the bathtub because she is that messy, smelly, yucky sick.

She is still not well.  We will have another cuddle day.  All I can say is that this is an adventure that I will not soon forget.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, poor little Grace! I hope the Daniels who are not feeling well feel better soon, and the ones wo are well stay that way! I have to admit, I don't think I marked this momentous occasion in my boys baby books. I think it was one I'd rather forget!

Sue Daniels said...

I am so sorry - for Grace and for Lana. And for the furniture. Yucky sick, and on Pi Day too. Feel better soon, Grace; your mommy deserves it.