Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Generous To A Fault

Dear Grace,

I know that you love to share.  You share your toys, you share your food, you did not have to share this sickness.

It saddens me to see you not feel well, but if only I could feel well too I might be able to take better care of you.   You are trying to take care of me though.  This morning I was laying on the floor and you would walk up to me, hug me, wipe my nose with a tissue, hug me again, try to stick the pacifier in my mouth, hug me once more then go off to play.  I believe that you went through that routine about three times.

However, as things go, you got sick on Monday.  I got sick on Tuesday.  Your dad should be very worried because if trends continue, his turn is tonight.  But, if that does happen...who will be around to take care of us as he has done today?

Grace I love you, please get well soon (and I plan to do the same).  This is one "not fun" time that I am having with you.

Much love,
Mom

1 comment:

Sue Daniels said...

Gah!!! Mommies are not supposed to get sick!! But it's good to find out that Grace has compassion for others. I'm so, so sorry you had to get sick to learn that about her. Poor Grace. Poor Lana. Get well soon, okay? Everybody. And Matt - resist the urge to join in, okay?