Friday, September 12, 2008

Set The Night To Music

I just had to use that title since we had just seen Starship do that song in concert a few weeks ago.

But we did set the night to music, that was so that we could learn how to Foxtrot and Tango.

Yes, last night was the first of our ballroom dancing classes and we learned the very basics of Foxtrot and Tango. It was fun, but I think that we finally got into our groove and really started enjoying ourselves when we got into Tango.

There were a total of 5 couples in this class. There was not much talking between couples but there was a lot of bumping and "excuse me" going on since it was a fairly small place for dancing (well for 10 people dancing). The only down side that I can see to this is that we only have three more classes. I just have to remind myself to enjoy what I am doing while I am doing it and not dread the end.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You will just have to sign up for another class!!

suedaniels said...

Ah, the Tango! When Arnold Swarzenegger was filming "True Lies," he told a reporter that the scenes where he was swimming under water under the flames and hanging out of a helicopter didn't faze him. It was the prospect of dancing the tango that scared him the most.

Tell Matt he needs to try it in a tux.

love,
sue