Thursday, August 7, 2008

The thousand mile afghan

This past weekend my side of the family had a family vacation at our house. We went from 2 people in our new house to 11 people. It was quite an adjustment but very fun. As we were spending the weekend together my sister noticed that I had one of the blankets that we got as a wedding present on our couch.

This blanket has a bit of a story to it, so I will take a minute and tell you the history.
I have a cousin in Alberta, Canada who is a truck driver. He drives all over Canada and the US. When he heard about our wedding he asked if he could be scheduled to be in Harrisonburg during the time of the wedding. His boss arranged it so my cousin and his wife (who came along for the ride) could make it to my wedding. Some time around the day that they left (which was two weeks before the wedding) my cousin's wife, Candace, began crocheting an afghan for our wedding present. In the two weeks of traveling she managed to almost finish it. She was finishing it as we were visiting before the wedding. During this time I was commenting on how beautiful it was. I had no idea that it was to be our wedding present.


We were completely shocked to see that it was actually going to be ours. I began to notice that the colors would go really well with our couch and walls in the living room. Well, to get back to the beginning of the blog, my sister saw the afghan and how well it matched. She tried to take a picture of it to send to Rod and Candace, but we had been having many problems with cameras that weekend. Here is a picture in hopes that Candace can see how wonderfully the blanket matches with the couch, the walls, and even my pillows from France.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I sent this to Candace. Thought she may enjoy seeing her work on the web!!