Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One Month!

Today marks a very special day. It has been one month since Matt and I got married.

I guess if this is the beginning of the Blog, then maybe I should start at the beginning.

The title of this blog is It Began At The Bistro. I guess that is kind of true, but not quite. Sometime in the middle of October Matt and I just happened upon the profile of the other in eHarmony. We talked on the internet for about two weeks before deciding to meet face to face. This is where the Bistro comes in. We decided that the Bistro On Main in Lexington would be a nice in-between spot for us to meet for the first time.

The dinner was a typical first date. We were both a bit unsure of the other person and not quite certain of what was going to happen. But we had a great time talking, so we decided to go for a walk after dinner. Trying to be cute for the date, I wore some high-heel black boots. They looked good, but they were hurting my feet very badly during the walk. So I asked Matt if he would be willing to sit on a retaining wall that was on a church property that we were passing at the time. He was willing, so we flopped back onto the grass and looked at the stars while we talked. That was when the tension of the first date left. The talking did not end for a long time. We went back to the Bistro to get dessert and talk some more. We were actually told to leave the restaurant because they wanted to close for the night. At that time we decided it was best to end with a good night kiss and part ways in hopes of seeing each other again.

I will not be writing about each of our dates, but I thought that since this is a blog about our married life that I would start at the beginning.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations!!