Sunday, August 17, 2008

New York

It has been awhile since the last blog. I am sorry. Matt was sent to Schenectady, NY on business and since I was able...I went with him. I spent a lot of time wandering around downtown Schenectady, window shopping in all of the little stores, and reading books in the bookstores around there. We had a really great time and following are some of the highlights:
1. I ran about 41/2-5 miles on Wednesday.
2. We went to The Cheesecake Factory on Wednesday.
3. We discovered many wonderful restaurants like Ferraries.
4. We went to Niagara Falls!

At Niagara Falls we parked on the US side and walked over the bridge that will take you to the Canada side. So now I have driven, flown, and walked into Canada.

The falls were so beautiful, beyond words so I will try to show a few pictures.
One of my favorite things though was that we were welcomed into Canada by many, many gorgeous gardens (which were the front of The Secret Garden Restaurant). Here are a few shots.
Matt took about 300 pictures, so I am sure that there will be more to follow!

3 comments:

suedaniels said...

Canada looks beautiful! You took some very nice pictures. I can't wait to see the rest. We're so glad you guys are getting along so well, and glad you got to get out of the house a little!

Later, mom

Amy said...

Sounds like a great trip!! The falls are beautiful!! I want to go...someday!! I guess next time you go to Canada you will have to go by train!!

Davene said...

Hi, Lana!

Amy just told me tonight about your blog. Yippee!!! I'm so glad you have one now...someday your sister will, too. ;) Just kidding...she doesn't have to...but we'll see!

We were able to visit Niagara Falls last October when my mother-in-law was visiting from California. It was my first time there, and it was absolutely gorgeous! I had fun looking at your pictures and being reminded of our time there.

I'm so glad you and Matt are getting to do fun things like this together! Enjoy the newlywed stage so much!