Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 6

Friday we went out to breakfast with Matt's Gram and Uncle Mike.  We went to a very nice French cafe type place.  Yummy, yummy food!


 Grace decided that she wanted to wash the chairs with baby wipes.  We were willing to let her do it.  While she was doing it, Matt decided that she looked a bit like....
Cossette from Les Mis.  I must agree I do think there are some similarities there.
 Matt got a lot of group shots since this would be the last time we would be together for awhile.

 Glen just wanted to explore.

 Make sure to read the signs that were displayed.  This is my kind of place!
"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand"
"Remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts"
Chris, Katie, and Ellie left right after breakfast.  So after saying good bye, and naps, we headed off for....
 The Zoo!
We had to drop Steve and Sue off at the airport so we decided to go early and swing by the zoo.  Grace was determined that she was going to see dinosaurs at the zoo.  I told her no we will not see them.  This went on for weeks.  We walk in the zoo and the first thing that I see is a carousel with a dinosaur on it...
Well, Grace, I guess I was wrong.  There are dinosaurs at the zoo.


But there are also penguins,
And sleepy brothers,

And Grandpas,
And mommies,
And elephants,
And Grandmas (trying to beat the heat on a very, very hot TX day),
And giraffes,

There is so much more than just Dinosaurs.  Grace loved the elephant statue.
So much that we got a family picture on it. 





There was a stage at the bird location that Grace decided just had to be danced on.
Yes,  Grace you are "BIG"
"G" for Grace.
It was a fun, tiring, and hot day.  But I think that we all had a good time.

2 comments:

Sue Daniels said...

Excellent post, Lana! It was a good day. La Madeleine's was my favorite part, but the zoo was very good - now that I'm sitting in the air conditioning and looking at the pictures. I'm so glad the kids had a good time.

Sue Daniels said...

Oh! I just saw the "Do Not Climb" sign under the big G! Oh, well. . .