Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beach 2013

In June my family (mamaw, papaw, Amy's family, and Carol's family) went to Virginia beach for a short vacation.

We had a wonderful hotel that had pools inside and out and a movie theater among many other attractions.  But in Glen's mind no attraction could beat SAND!
\
 And In Grace's mind, no attraction could beat WATER!  My kids were loving the beach.  Between the sand, water, and so many people to play with...it was perfect.

Glen could find someone to help him dig and build at almost all times.
 And Grace could convince almost anyone to get out in the water with her, no matter if they were wearing bathing suits or not.


 At breakfast we got a picture of all of the grandsons with papaw.



 This is what I did during most of the vacation.  I was taking a literature class at a local college to get re-certification points for my teaching license so I was reading book after book after book.
 One day the hotel brought out their pet turtles in order to feed them.  We got to watch them eat in the lobby.



 The next few pictures are a good example of what happens to sand when Glen got a hold of it.




 Glen also liked to cover up people's feet.
 Did I mention that Grace loved the water and could get almost anyone in it no matter what they were wearing? :)


It was a great trip.  This was the first time that my kids got to go to the ocean (they had been to large lakes before but never the ocean).  I am so glad that we were able to have this relaxing, fun time with the family.

1 comment:

Sue Daniels said...

Looks like everyone had fun! Thanks for an excellent post.