Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Caroling With The Bells

Last night Matt and I did our first of many Christmas type items (that are planned and put on the calendar mainly to keep my mind off of this pregnancy).

We went caroling with our handbell choir.  There was no singing done, but many carols were rung.  We went to one of the local hospitals and played on their oncology, labor and delivery, pediatric floors, and also the lobby of the hospital.  Many nurses, doctors, patients, and family members came into the hallways to hear and see our caroling.  One person even Skyped us, I am guessing it was to a patient that was stuck in bed.

Many people thanked us and told us how wonderful it sounded.  I was just happy to be there and to see smiles on their faces.  Toward the end of our journey it was getting kind of rough for me to help with all of the setting up, tearing down, moving from floor to floor, etc.  But all in all, I am glad that we did it and I look forward to doing it again in future years.

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

I have never heard of caroling with handbells, but I like this! I used to play in handbell choirs (and even directed one when I was in college), but this is a totally new idea for me. I can imagine, however, how much work it was to transport everything and set it up and take it down. Some of those bells are heavy!! :)

Good for you for bringing joy to so many people through the gift of music!

Anonymous said...

Grace in the header is just posing so cute! She just seems so much older there. She is growing fast.. Love Mamaw