Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Experience

A quick snapshot to start off the blog....
So Grace is now 10 months old! I can hardly believe that one year is just around the corner. But with all of the new things that she learns/figures out daily I should not be too shocked that she is growing up.

This is all to say that today Grace and I had a new experience. We went shopping for clothes at a department store! Yes, I know it might be hard to believe but during my pregnancy and also during her life so far I have not bought any clothes for her from a department store. Yes, I have purchased about 10-15 dollars of clothes for her but it was all from thrift stores or yard sales.

It all began when I was reading one of my American Baby magazines. They had a 20% discount coupon to Gymboree. I looked at it and thought, "wow that might be nice, but Gymboree is just so expensive (at least compared to my usual department store...the fine establishment of Wally World!). Then I got to thinking well, if I could get it off of the clearance rack, it might not be too bad.

Add that to the fact that Grace would not nap today, and I just needed to get out of the house. So I grabbed the coupon, Grace, and the diaper bag and headed out the door! We got to Gymboree and looked around. I found this outfit on the clearance rack :)
It is for 18-24 months so she will wear it spring/summer/fall or sometime around there. I thought it was so cute. And to make it even better, with all of the discounts and coupons it was only $10.00! Forgive me, I am proud of my find.

Her first store bought outfit purchased by me...It was a good experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace just looks so grown up in this picture. She is so sweet! Will be beautiful in that little outfit. Love Mamaw Betty

suedaniels said...

Cute! Betty is right - Grace will look adorable in that. And you are training her at a young age how to range far and wide for the best deals. Good job.

Oh, and hey, Matt, I'm usually no good at spotting family resemblance - but in this picture, she looks just like you. All my friends say so, too.