Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Milestones

1. Grace took 11 steps in a row (holding on to nothing) yesterday. I think that she was showing off for the neighbors that came over last evening.

2. This one is a very large and important milestone...especially considering that I am a librarian and Matt is one who loves books also...it has been about 2 weeks since Grace has tried to eat a book! She is now holding them and actually opening them up, not just putting them in her mouth.

3. Grace has moved to eating about one to two meals by herself. By that I mean that Matt and I place finger foods on her tray and she feeds herself. Cubed meat, cheese, noodles, well pretty much anything that you can cut up into very small cubes. She loves it all! (She especially loves chasing down peas)

4. Grace is now in 12 month clothes (not because she out grew all of her 6-9 month, but because her 12 month clothes have more warm items for fall/winter). Which also means that many holidays are coming up...Halloween, Thanksgiving, 1st birthday, Christmas, etc. We are gearing up for lots of travel, excitement, and new experiences. We are looking forward to the next two months, and everything that they bring with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Grace will be moving right along by the next time I see her. Good going, Love Mamaw Betty

suedaniels said...

I would like to share what my friend Debbie said upon reading Grace's Cake Adventure. She loved the pictures, loved the commentary, loved the fact that you put up a backdrop and a tripod, made a cake from scratch and let your baby have a blast with it: She said, "Matt found himself an amazing woman. Lana is incredible."

I have to agree.

Love, sue

Lana said...

Thanks Sue! That comment just made me smile :)