Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Sue

So those of you who read my blog might be a little confused about my header picture. Yes it is a picture of a cake smash, but no it is not her first birthday cake smash...that will come in about three more months.

Matt's mother (Sue) had a birthday at the beginning of this month. When I asked what Matt wanted to get her, after a long time thinking about it, he stated that he wanted to make her a very special card. He wanted to bake a cake, have Grace tear into it, and put it on a card that said "Hi Grandma, I baked for you a cake. But I eated it!"

So the wheels got set into motion one Saturday. I baked a strawberry cake, made the icing from scratch, put it on my decorative plate, hung a backdrop in our kitchen, set up a tripod for the camera, and had a place for the video camera. Now all we had to do was to wait for Grace to wake up from her nap.

HMMM...What is this?


Yeah, it is sticky. This could be fun!


I need to play a little faster before mommy takes this fun, white, sticky thing away from me.


Hey! It is pink underneath...


Let's see what happens when I smear it all over the floor.

Floor is white...check! Hands are messy...check! Cake is getting destroyed...check! Leg is covered in icing...bonus!


Mommy and Daddy helped me discover the wonders of actually eating the cake. Who knew that you could eat stuff that is so much fun to play with?


I see that there is one section of the cake that has not been touched.
MUST DESTROY IT ALL!

I am pretty proud of my job well done.


Now off to crawl to a new adventure.
(which ended up being located in the bathtub)

3 comments:

Davene said...

Hilarious!! I like the pic where her leg is planted right in the middle of the cake.

Grace will be a pro at cake smashes when her own birthday rolls around. :)

Amy said...

I love the pictures!! What makes it even better is the comments! I'm sure that is EXACTLY what she was thinking.

Good job, Grace! Job well done!!

suedaniels said...

Thank you, Matt and Lana, for a very entertaining birthday present! That was worth getting older for!

It looks like Grace enjoyed it as much as I did. But i don't envy you your job now - to teach Grace that she can't play in every cake she meets - only the ones set on the floor, I guess.

Thanks for a great birthday laugh. I really needed one.

Love,
sue