Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Hike

First, here are a few pictures of Grace's first real experience with grass...

Seems like she likes it well enough :)

A week ago Saturday Matt and I decided to have an adventure. One that we hoped would be a first of many. We wanted to go hiking. We love to hike, but we have not done it with a little one yet. So we packed up a bag (with a lot more items than we used to need) and got the backpack carrier for Grace, and headed out.
We decided to hike Buzzard Rock. It is a hike about 2-3 miles from our house and it is a 1.9 mile hike up. It is a moderate hike, nothing too crazy. But it is still beautiful and also a bit of a challenge.
This is how I saw Grace most of the trip. Made me wonder what she thought of me, the carrier, the hike, Matt's sweaty neck....we will never know. However, she must have been pretty ok with it since she did not cry or fuss.
This leisurely posed picture was taken on the way up to the top. I know this because at the top...it started to rain. And it rained, and rained, and rained. So we all donned raincoats and got to the bottom of the mountain as fast as we could.
Also on the way up we saw this 4 foot long black snake. He just looked at us then turned around and went up the mountain away from us. It was really neat to watch him.

Once the hike was over, and I must say a success even with the rain, we decided to head to Applebee's for lunch. It was a great Saturday out.

I think that we will do more hikes in the future. Especially since we have this nice carrier!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pictures of Grace!

I have to say that I NEVER, and I will repeat NEVER, have used the words neat and snake in the same sentence. Didn't know it could be done!

Anonymous said...

I will try again. I commented a while ago and it didn't go through. Grace seems to like her perch on her Daddy's back. It is so nice you all take time for this kind of stuff. We just seemed to work and let out business keep us from such times. Mamaw Betty