Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Funny Girl

At 4:00 am (yes, that is AM that I wrote) I was awoken by a noise. It was not a scary noise, or a sad noise...no, it was a very happy noise.

Grace (who should have been asleep) was squealing with delight and babbling to herself. I lay in bed listening to her for about 15 minutes. I figured if she was happy I could stay where I was for a bit longer.

Then came the other noise that made me get up to get her.

She would be happily babbling then a horrible, metal on metal SQUEAK would interrupt. Silence, babble, SQUEAK, babble, SQUEAK, babble, silence...you get the idea.

Grace had scooted herself to the edge of the crib, taken hold of the bars, and were turning them. When I went to get her, I saw that she had her eyes fixed on an object in the middle of the room...her pacifier. It was almost as if she was saying "come back, I miss you. If only I could get rid of these bars. I want you back...."

She went back to sleep (with my help). However, two hours later I awake to hear over the monitor....

BABBLE, BABBLE, SQUEAK, BABBLE, BABBLE....
At least she wakes up happy!

No comments: