Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sleep and Doctor

First, here is my styling starlet while on our father's day adventure (more on that later)
Everything in this picture just works for a up and coming star...the sun glasses, the over the shoulder look...I have a feeling that she is going to be a handful when she grows into these looks.

Ok, first sleep. Grace until about three days ago had loved to use the triangle bumpers in her crib. They cradle her against her tummy and back and keep her on her side. Well now that she has become a rolling machine (which happened about over night, no seriously it did! One day Matt and I were trying to get her to roll from back to tummy and she could not quite do it, two days later she was rolling over tummy to back, back to tummy, and over and over to get to a toy) she rolls over the triangles. So that is the end of them.
I went to check on Grace during her nap and this is what I found. She had rolled out of her triangles, onto her tummy (she is officially a tummy sleeper), and she had a leg through her crib rails. I went up about fifteen minutes later and found the other leg also through one of the crib rails! How uncomfortable, but I guess she can do what she wants as long as she is getting sleep.

Today was her six month doctor's well baby visit. She is 15 pounds (but she feels a lot heavier) which puts her in the 30th percentile of her age. She is 26 inches long which puts her in the 60th percentile of her age. And she is fine and happy in every other way too. I just have to look at the 30th and the 60th percentile and remember that it was not too long ago that she was barely in the 10th percentile of either. My girl is growing!

She had a good report at the doctor's office, we go back in three months for another well baby. And (though we have been doing this for the past few weeks) we got the go-ahead to start feeding her table food (ground up of course)! So at this moment, all is well. She is sleeping now, I wonder how the day will go when the shots kick in....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the LOOKER!!

She is going to be a handfull!!

Steve

suedaniels said...

She's doing just great. When she's a year old, mark my words - all that "percentile" stuff will just go away.

She sure does like the outdoors, doesn't she? Whether she's "hiking," or "riding" or "yard saling," she's happy.

I see a Brownie uniform in her future.

love, sue

suedaniels said...

I love hearing about all Grace's adventures. She gets a lot of sensory experiences in her busy little life, and I think that's great.


love,
sue