Friday, April 16, 2010

A Sigh of Relief

Ever since August of last year (when I finished my degree at Longwood) I have been working to get my teaching license renewed.

I needed to change my name from Kiser to Daniels. I needed to renew it so that I could teach for another 5 years (if I choose). And I needed to add on my librarian degree.

Any one of those might have been easy enough to do, but all three were confusing and I was unsure if I was doing any of it right. So I called in for some help and advice.

At the beginning of the school year I was employed at Herman L. Horn Elementary school for Roanoke County. I ended my work there right before Thanksgiving, but I stayed in touch with the teachers and the school (thank goodness!) So when I needed help the principal offered to help me. I had a meeting with her, and actually I stumped her too. So she sent me off to the school board office.

Have I mentioned that this all happened in January and February, when I was not employed with them? They were so nice to help me!

So I had a meeting with the school board office renewal person. She made sure that I had everything, checked and double checked my forms. Then she even sent it in for me! That was big because if there were any problems she would be the one to answer for them, she was my go-between for the Department of Education (people that I do not like to talk to often).

Well that meeting happened in February. Long time passes, and I am starting to worry because I do not have my license....

I got it today!
Sigh of Relief....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just thought about this the other day. So glad this is all processed. Now you are good to go for another 5 years, I hope. Way to go. Mom

suedaniels said...

Yay! One less thing . . .