Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Dress and Photoshoot

It is not easy being a newborn, especially when you are still pretty small at six weeks.
A small six week old newborn has the problem of having drawers and a closet full of cute little clothes that do not fit at all, in fact she swims in them.

So when I received our baby gift for Grace from her Aunt and Uncle (Chris and Katie) I was elated! They gave us two Onesie Dresses for ages 0-3 months. Since they are Onesies they automatically fit better than other outfits, and they are so very cute.

The one in the picture is a white onesie with a pink polka-dot skirt out of flannel material, a cute little striped ribbon, and what you can not see because of where Grace's hands are is that "Grace" is embroidered on the front in pink. So very cute, and it FITS!

We got a second dress which is a white onesie with a yellow and brown fabric with a design of bears on it that has written on it "daddy's girl" (this fabric is also of flannel material), and on the top front "Daddy's Girl" is embroidered on it in brown.

I need to thank Katie and Katie's mom for working so hard on these beautiful outfits.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Davene said...

Adorable! What a great idea to make outfits like that.

suedaniels said...

What a classic beauty! Katie and Darlene, the dress is wonderful. Really good job!

love,
sue

Amy said...

I'm so glad you put up a new picture. I want to try to make one of these dresses sometime. What a great way for them to looked dressed up, and still be warm.

Karen said...

What a beautiful picture!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This has made my day. I now have seen a new picture of my princess. I am just amazed at the beautiful outfit. That makes a onesie so dressy. How creative!!
Mawaw Betty

Darlene said...

I'm so glad you like them. I made one for Ellie and Katie told me she wanted a few for Grace, too. Grace is a beauty. I think Grace and Ellie favor each other a little bit. They're both dolls!!

suedaniels said...

When do we get to see the "Daddy's Girl" dress?

Love,
sue