Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last Weekend

Last weekend Matt, Grace and I all piled into the Murano to attempt a 2 hour drive north to Harrisonburg. This was the longest that Grace had been in the car and prior to this, she has not really liked the car...How would this go?

Well, with me sitting in the backseat with Grace, a full bottle of food, and other items to entertain her, the trip was wonderful. She was eating or sleeping or playing the whole time, almost no crying at all!One of the reasons we went north was so that Matt and I could meet with our lawyer to draw up a will. Now that we have a little one it seems much more important that we know what will happen if anything ever does happen to us. After meeting with our lawyer we then had dinner at Cracker Barrel with some friends from an old school that I taught at in Staunton. We had invited many of my friends from there, but most could not make it. However, Mark and Sandy were able to make it (along with Sandy's kids) and she was a very good photographer. She is the one to thank for all of the pictures on this post.
After Cracker Barrel we went to Harrisonburg where Grace was loved on and cared for by many family members. I do not know if I held her at all unless I was nursing her.
It was a long trip, the first of many. But it was very good, and it will only get better!

No comments: