Thursday, August 20, 2009

It is all happening so fast!

"It" in this case is the pregnancy. In some ways it seems to be forever before I can see my little one and hold her in my arms, but in other ways it seems as if I just found out yesterday that we were expecting.

This is a feeling that I have had for the past few weeks, but it became very real yesterday. Yesterday I called our local hospital to set up some pre-parenting classes. Matt and I decided to attend two classes infant CPR and Prepared Childbirth Education and also attend a hospital tour. But what really made this speed of the pregnancy a reality was the realization that in less than a month we are going to begin our prepared childbirth education class!

I can not wait for the end product of this pregnancy, but are we ready...will we ever be really ready? At the beginning I thought 9 months to prepare was such a very long time, now I am realizing that really it is not much time at all.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Lana,
I had a couple of thoughts as I read this post.

First of all, if memory serves me (and in this case I know it does) You and Matt have done everything FAST!! Dating, engagement, time married before children. Why should this be any different??

Secondly, be prepared! It doesn't slow down any after the baby comes. Honestly, it seems like just yesterday that I was in your shoes with Austin (now he is 8!!)

Thirdly, Will you ever be ready?? in a word: NO! I am still not ready. You just have to take it as it comes and do you best at each stage. And try your best to enjoy each stage, because your baby won't be there long!

I am so excited for your, you will be a wonderful mother!

Unknown said...

I was just saying the same thing on Facebook yesterday about my pregnancy. This has definitely been the quickest of the 3--I only have 9 weeks to go! Of course, in the last 6 months I have packed up a house, moved to another state, started 3 different new jobs, helped my mom get through knee replacement surgery, etc. etc. etc.!!! It's helped things to go by fast!

Anonymous said...

Amy was right, things have been moving at a fast clip and this is as slow as it gets. As they say--don't blink or you will miss it.

Enjoy the ride, it might get bumpy.

Steve