Saturday, August 8, 2009

It has been too long!

On Friday I was busy at home straightening up and sewing roman shades. When Matt was to come home, no dinner was cooked and no ideas for dinner were in the plans.

On his way home he called me and I mentioned that there was no dinner planned. We decided to dine out that evening - It did not take too much convincing. Matt even asked me if I would like to make a date out of it :) So off to Franks Pizza we went. Frank's Pizza is a local pizza parlor that two of our neighbors had told us about and said was wonderful. Since it was a date, first I made sure to dress up and look presentable since I have not had too many reasons to get dressed up recently.

When we got to Franks we sat at a booth off to the side, and ordered a very nice pizza to share. Then we sat for at least an hour talking over plans, dreams, stories from the past, and anything else that came to our minds. Suddenly Matt looks at me and said "This really feels like we are on a date, doesn't it?" I got to thinking about it, but sure enough it felt like a date that we would have had before we got married.

Since getting married we have gone out to eat, or to the movies, but we always rush to get home and do projects or go shopping for the house, or something. It has been too long since we have just lingered over a nice dinner and enjoyed each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those moments now!!! Starting in 2010, they will be even fewer and farther in between!! Trust me, I know from experience.....
Carol

Amy said...

She knows what she is talking about!

Unknown said...

Be sure to keep it up once the baby gets here! It is really hard sometimes and I know me and my hubby don't go out alone enough. Funny thing is, when we do go out we end up talking about the kids! : )