Thursday, March 19, 2009

This Past Weekend

I am sorry for such as span between posts. I hope to be posting more often now that I am not working every single day.

On Friday Matt and I both worked for only a half day so at about 12:30 we got on the road to head to Harrisonburg. We were heading there for an appointment but along the way we stopped off to get our rings polished (and have fun visiting with Andera while we waited). Then for our appointment which was the joy of having our taxes done. Actually it was not bad at all, we are currently just waiting for our paperwork to come back so that it can be e-filed. This year with a marrage, selling a house, buying a house, changing jobs, etc...I am glad that Joann is doing them and not me!

Next, to mom and dads to an amazing dinner with almost the whole family there. I think mom has fun making big special meals when we are up there (and I am not complaining)! Following that Mike (our brother-in-law) and Matt got a bit of play time while Amy and I sat and talked.

Saturday involved an amazing breakfast with pancakes, eggs, and ponhaus :) Followed by a wonderful trip to SharpShopper (I think that might be our favorite store at this moment). It is a shop that has discount groceries.

Lots of work, playing, lounging, and fun happened in between of the morning activities and an 8th birthday party for Shannon (our nephew). Then more play time for Matt and Mike.

I had to drag him away at about 8:00 pm so that we could go to Shawn and Sarah's and see them and their new addition to the family 3 week old Luke. We had a great time talking, holding Luke and playing Blockus.

It was a great weekend and so much more happened than what I just wrote. All I can say is that it was a wonderful time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so true, how we had to tear the guys away. I know we all had fun. It was so great to see you both.