Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surprises at the house

One of the great things about a new house is to see what has been planted before and what will come up in spring.

Honestly I do not know what this flower is called, but it is beautiful and we have them all over the front of the house.

This tree by our garage is covered with the most lovely pink flowers...
And at the base of that same tree mini daffodils surround the base.

But these little green sprouts might be what I am the most excited about...the start of mums again!

I love the beautiful surprises that the house is providing. Spring is so wonderful!

2 comments:

suedaniels said...

Beautiful! I know what you mean about the surprises that come up in what used to be somebody else's garden. At our house we were surprised to see big, pink, beautiful Stargazer lilies by the front porch.

The flower at the top of your page, if it has a strong perfume, is probably a hyacinth. The tree looks like it might be a fruit tree - maybe a cherry.

I love our daffodils, too. They can always be counted on around these parts. We had 13 inches of snow here a few weeks ago, and it buried our daffodils and laid them flat on the ground. I was so sad because they were so pretty and they hadn't been blooming long. Then, after the snow melted away three days later, there they were, popped back up and beautiful as ever! They are amazing. Keep the pictures coming. Your yard looks great.

love,
sue

Amy said...

If you ever need to thin out some of your flowers, I'll take a start...hmmmm, I wonder where I can fit them in--I'll find a place!!