Monday, July 27, 2026

September 20, 2025 Color Guard

I don't know if Grace remembers this, but when she was in elementary school/early middle  school she saw some people spinning flags in the front of a local high school.  She said to me, I want to do that!

 In 8th grade, there was a teacher who was willing to start a winterguard troop at our school.  She joined and definitely got hooked!  She found her place, her love, her people in the band and guard.

This fall season they did a show called Time Warp.  They had time machines and when they were used the music skipped to another iconic song from a different decade (Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad, and Bye, Bye, Bye to name a few).  

 

The hair was interesting they wanted two tight french braids that went into tight almost space buns.

Here Grace is at one of the football games.  A time when she had to perform, but not a full show and not in costume/hair/makeup.

 I am glad that she has found an activity that she loves. 

No comments: