Alaska Day 6:
Today we had our first shore excursion and we were not sure what to expect. But it blew all of us away. We went to Juneau and got to see the Mendenhall Glacier.
We hiked to a photo point, and it was pretty. Then we hiked to the waterfall that is just beside the glacier. That was so much fun.
We got in the waterfall spray, then we went to the shore that was across from the waterfall and played in the sand a bit.
We got back on the bus and were taken to an all you can eat salmon bake that is located outside in a rainforest. Yes, we were in a temperate rainforest…when I think Alaska I certainly do not think rainforest, but I was wrong.
The atmosphere was fantastic, the food was even better.They even had fire pits for roasting marshmallows. When we were done we hiked down the river and saw some salmon in the river, then we saw another waterfall.
Finally, we panned for gold.
We got in the waterfall spray, then we went to the shore that was across from the waterfall and played in the sand a bit.
We got back on the bus and were taken to an all you can eat salmon bake that is located outside in a rainforest. Yes, we were in a temperate rainforest…when I think Alaska I certainly do not think rainforest, but I was wrong.
The atmosphere was fantastic, the food was even better.They even had fire pits for roasting marshmallows. When we were done we hiked down the river and saw some salmon in the river, then we saw another waterfall.
Finally, we panned for gold.
Exhausted, we got back on the ship and just relaxed the rest of the day.














No comments:
Post a Comment