Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stories on Grace

*  While Matt was in CA on a work trip, Amy helped me put the kids to bed one night.  She was in Grace's room getting Grace to say her bedtime prayer.  She told Grace to repeat after her (I was in the hallway listening since Glen had just fallen asleep).
Amy:  "Now I lay me..."
Grace:  "Now I'm Amy...."
(Giggles from Amy and I)
Amy:  "No Grace, say Now I lay me..."
Grace:  "Now I'm Amy..."
I have never laughed so hard during a prayer time.  And that is still how she says that prayer.

*  Mom was bringing the kids home one day after I subbed at a local school.  Grace went back into the car while mom was getting Glen out.  She sat herself in the driver seat and got very comfy.  She had her hands on the steering wheel and turned to mom, held out one hand, and said in a very exasperated tone "Mamaw, keys!"
I asked her what she was going to do and she told me "I drive."  Then I asked her what she was going to do, she promptly told me "shopping!"
Where does she come up with this stuff?

*  Grace does not say more.  She said mare.  For instance "I want mare cheese"  No matter how hard we try to get her to do it, she does not say that o sound.

*  Alton Brown, and his show Good Eats, are her favorite.  She will ask for it as soon as she wakes up.  If eating while watching it she will try to stir her food when he stirs his recipe.  She talks about ounces, pounds, and other measurements that I had no idea existed till I was at least in sixth grade.  She can also identify more fruits and vegetables then I had ever known of at her age.  But to have a favorite TV character at the age of 2, you would think big bird or Elmo...Not a TV chef.  Maybe she will be making us dinner by the age of 5 :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

That prayer story is my all time favorite, until the next one :)