Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me


On June 18th I had my 34th birthday.  Not one of those milestone birthdays, but a special day still.  A week prior, a friend and I decided that we wanted to have a play date for our four kids (my two and her two).  So I suggested that we go to the children's museum that Monday since we were able to have a friend get in for free with our membership.

This was maybe the best birthday present that I could have given to myself.  The kids were happy, I did not have to clean up after them too much, I got adult conversation, the kids ran and ran and ran so they napped very well in the afternoon.  It was a wonderful gift.

Tina (my friend) has a nine month old, who is more advanced than Glen but still liked to "play" together.  She also has a 3 year old who is also more advanced than Grace, but they loved to play trains together.  It was a pretty good match.


We spent quite a bit of time in the age 3 and under room and Glen just loved scooting around on the cushions, where he found a very dear friend...


Do you see how happy he is to see his friend in the mirror?


We had a wonderful time and I am so glad that Glen can enjoy this museum also.

Later on that day, Grace was home and she was drawing with chalk.  I drew the smiley face on the right of the board.  She drew the one on the left.  If you look close she drew two circles at the top as she was saying "eyes," then she drew a circle in the middle and said "nose," then she drew a circle at the bottom and said "mouth."  This was her first complete face that she drew all on her own.

No comments: