Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Children's Museum

This morning Amy had a doctor's appointment and so she dropped off Austin and Adam.  It was so wonderful, I want them to come to my house once a week from now on.  They played with Grace and even took care of Glen for a bit while I cleaned and worked.  I never got so much done in an hour and a half before.  In fact I got more done in that hour and a half than I usually do in a week.  I am so grateful that they do so well playing with both of my child.

As they were leaving, we decided that we would do something after lunch.  We were unsure if it was going to be going to a park or to the children's museum.  Well, Grace ended up not having a nap so I knew that she needed lots of activity and distractions or we were going to have multiple meltdowns.  So I suggested going to the children's museum.

The following pictures are the many activities that Grace did (at least once).  And there are many more that I did not get pictures of.  Another thing to keep in mind is that she did not even visit but about half of the museum.  It is such a neat place.

It did not take Grace long to find Thomas the Tank Engine.
But Adam decided to lure her away so that he could paint her face.
Amy thought that her heart on her cheek needed a bit of touching up.
Glen was there too, but this will be the only picture of him.
After the face painting it was time to take to the stage.  Amy and Grace danced in the lightening storm.
Grace decided that she needed a costume so she went to the dressing room and found this.  Later she changed it out for a princess dress that I could not get her to stand still enough for a picture of.
An undoing of the costume and a quick sprint down the hall we found the kids at the SMART board where they could write, draw, do designs, and just have a grand ole time playing.
Grace then found the kid sized house that has a kitchen, porch, and laundry room (as you see above).  Here she is about to feed her stuffed dog.
The dog followed her to the real ambulance that is parked in the museum.  It was donated from a local ambulance service and even still has working lights!  Grace made sure to drive.
The local news station donated an anchor desk.  Grace thought it was the neatest thing that she could sit at the desk and see herself on the monitors on the opposite wall.  Next to this was a green wall where you could do weather.  She loved dancing for the camera.  Austin and Adam loved taking the green cloth that is provided and standing in front of the green wall and making parts of their bodies disappear.
This is a bad picture because of the lighting, but this is a picture of the monitor that Grace was watching herself on.
Back to Thomas, she loved the train table.
Then finally she donned a white lab coat and began to play with batteries, circuits,

I had to take a picture of the sign outside of the lab because this is Merck's Science Lab and Merck is where Grace's dad works.
She was one very busy girl.  I did not even take a picture of the art room, the large operation table, the garden area, the cattle and chicken farm, and I could go on and on...yet we did not even see it all today.  It is a good thing that we are getting a membership, I think that Grace will explore, learn, and enjoy this place a lot!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It was a great afternoon! I didn't even realize I was dancing in the storm--thank goodness I made it out okay!! :) You didn't mention the tree slide, tractor, or big block room. It will me so much fun for her, and a nice break for you!