Thursday, February 16, 2012

Presents and more

Last weekend we went to Harrisonburg to make plans for Glen's dedication that will happen in the next few months.  When we arrived we were welcomed by a gift bag from a very kind lady in my mom's Sunday School class.  I have met this woman and have talked to her a bit, but I would not say that I know her well.  So the fact that she took time out to do gifts like this for Glen (and also Grace when she was born) mean so much to me.

Shirley is a very talented woman with a very giving heart, and here is evidence of both.
 Grace found the hat and decided that she needed to put it on, and it fit.
 So we tried on the sweater, and it also fit.  Glen will partake of these items in a year or two.
 So we have the sweater, and the hat, and finally the blanket that they are sitting/laying on which all three are a duck theme.  There is a duck button on the sweater and on the blanket there is a large yellow duck.  I am looking forward to when Glen can put these items to use.
 Yesterday Grace was playing in a dirt pile in the front yard.  And the sun was shining on her and the colors (especially of her hair) was just stunning, so I decided to try to capture it with a camera.
 It did not quite work, but I got some good pictures of Grace.
 Here I had fun taking colors out of the picture.  I kind of like the effect.
Glen now has a name for his hairline.  The boy has a hairline which goes from ear to ear and is a ring around the back with a bunch of light fuzz on top.  At church this past Sunday his uncle Mike dubbed this hair style as "the Picard."  I laughed so hard!  I love it...My son is sporting the Picard :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, but I wish I could see Glens'face along with his hairline. I think the booties would fit Glen now. Shirley is very talented and generous. God bless her!!! Mamaw

Anonymous said...

You realize then, that means that our son also sports the Picard.

Steve

Lana said...

And it looks very good on him too!