Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three Things I Love

Ok, Matt and Grace are two obvious ones in my life, but these are non-human loves.
But first, here is a picture of Grace.

1. I love the internet. Matt and I, a couple of months ago, decided to get rid of TV access. I was fine with it because usually there is nothing on, but I was sad that I could not watch the one or two shows that I do really like, such as Bones, CSI, etc. Well one day a few weeks ago I was surfing the internet and I found out that the Fox site offers complete episodes of Bones to be watched. None or few commercials interrupt the shows. So I can watch, pause, close, return, etc. all without missing anything. Upon further investigation I found out that CSI is offered, Bones is offered, NCIS is offered, and the Biggest Loser among others. All I have watched so far is Bones and The Biggest Loser, but I am glad to know that when I do need a break and just want to watch a show...I can!

2. I love lists and schedules! That sounds odd I realize, but it is true. For the past few months my sister has been calling me and saying "what are you going to do today?" My response is usually, one load of laundry, or shower, or do dishes (but only one item per day). She is shocked at my response, but I explain that if I set low goals I will feel an accomplishment and then I will also feel free and energized to do extra. Well I have noticed that my one item a day has started to become the same item each day and it feels like I am getting nothing done around the house, and the house and cleaning were defeating me. So I made a list/schedule for myself. Still with the one item a day idea, but better. Mondays I do laundry, Tuesday I focus on the floors (sweep, vacuum, wash...what ever is needed at that time), Wednesday I conquer the kitchen, Thursday I clean all of the bathrooms. Friday and the weekends do not have chores because I know that sometimes I am packing on Friday, some weekends we are gone. Also I thought it would be nice to have a few days to do the extras that are needed around the house, and also to have a "catch up" day in case I do not get my chore for the day done. I am giving myself a lot of wiggle room with chores and schedules because I know with a 4 month old sometimes NOTHING gets done, but so far with me only focusing on one thing...things are getting done. And I feel accomplished and ready for the next thing that is needed to get done.

3. The third thing that I love is Grace's nursery. Yes it is finally done!
Above is one of the corners of the nursery, pretty self explanatory but I want to point a few things out. The wonderful play table...I know it can not be used there, but it will be moved out to another area when Grace is able to use it. And above the table is a wonderful piece of artwork by Shannon (Grace's cousin).
Above is Grace's changing table, dresser, and shoe rack. Yes, Matt is amazed at the amount of shoes she has and he comments about it each time he is in the nursery. Oh, if he only knew that this is just the start of the shoes for her...
The couch has been wonderful. Matt and Grace sit there during the middle of the night times they have together. And when I am in the glider rocker with Grace Matt will often sit on the couch so that we can still talk and have "family time together."
This is the corner that I seem to use the most. My glider rocker for nursing, a book shelf on the left for my reading, a book shelf on the right for books for Grace. A window that has the best view from the whole house. Such a nice little nook to relax in.

I am sure that the nursery will change, but I often sit back and look around and just state "I love this room!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

Grace's nursery did turn out beautiful! The rocker fits perfectly in that little nook--It was meant to go there!

Lists are great. I used to do them, because I was encouraged when I could mark things off of it. Not so good about that anymore--maybe I shouls try it again.

suedaniels said...

I love the nursery, too. It's very warm and inviting in there. If you look in the mirror, you can see one of the cutest features of the room - the small Lego wall placque with Grace's name bricked into it. Only it says "ECARG."